Terms of Service
All attendees must agree to the Membership Waiver, Release, and Indemnity Agreement, regardless if they opt in to be a full member. Non-members attending a TDRLA event are granted a temporary membership for the duration of the actual event.
- In consideration for receiving a Membership (the “Membership”) in The Dining Room LA, LLC, dba The Dining Room LA, I hereby release, waive discharge and agree not to sue The Dining Room LA, LLC, its officers, agents, servants, employees, successors, subsidiaries, or assigns (hereinafter referred to as “Releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any losses, damages, or injuries, including death, that may be sustained by me, by any third parties or to any of the property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees, or otherwise, arising out of or connected to my Membership during my term of my membership (the “Membership Period”).
- I am fully aware of the risks involved and the hazards connected with my Membership, including without limitation, the entering upon certain hazardous property, the risk of eating food prepared outside of a traditional restaurant setting, and participating in a The Dining Room LA, LLC event, including but not limited to the risk of injury to myself, my property, my invitees, guests, and third parties, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activities and in my Membership with full knowledge that said activities and Membership may be hazardous to me and my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me, my invitees, guests or agents, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, my invitees, guests or agents, as a result of being engaged in such an activity or of entering upon any hazardous property, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
- I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees from any losses, liabilities, damages, claims, demands, liabilities, liens, debts, rights of action or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, with respect to, arising out of, or in any way related to my or my invitee’s or agent’s entry on the property, participation in The Dining Room LA, LLC event, or any related activity, whether caused by negligence of Releasees or otherwise.
- I understand that The Dining Room LA, LLC’s insurance policy may not cover any circumstance arising from my participation in The Dining Room LA, LLC event or any activity associated with or facilitating that activity. As such, I am aware that I should review my personal insurance portfolio.
- The Dining Room LA and its sponsors and vendors sometimes take photos and videos at Dinner Lab Events, and later use them for promotional purposes. By participating or attending any The Dining Room LA Event, you agree that you may appear in some of these photos and videos, and you authorize their use in this fashion and hereby grant The Dining Room LA and its partners permission to photograph and/or record you at an Event, and distribute (both now and in the future) the attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities
- It is my express intent that this Membership Waiver, Release, and Indemnity Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representatives, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a release, waiver, discharge and covenant not to sue the above-named Releasees. I hereby further agree that this Membership Waiver, Release, and Indemnity Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
- If one or more provisions of this Agreement are held to be unenforceable under applicable law, then such provision(s) shall be excluded from this Agreement to the extent they are held to be unenforceable and the remainder of the Agreement shall be interpreted as if such provision(s) were so excluded and shall be enforceable in accordance with its terms.
- In agreeing to this Membership Waiver, Release, and Indemnity Agreement, I acknowledge and represent that I have read the foregoing Membership Waiver, Release, and Indemnity Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least twenty one (21) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.